Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why is MAC makeup sold in smaller quantities?

I just got my first order from MAC in the mail today (cause there isnt a MAC counter/store in my state) and was amazed at how small everything was! Everything was at least 1 gram smaller than my drugstore products, yet they are way more expensive. %26amp; to be honest, the same quality (in my opinon)....Why is MAC makeup sold in smaller quantities?
MAC uses higher grade ingredients than drugstore, and most of their products (not all - there are many great drugstore things out there) are of higher quality meaning more pigments and staying power. However, some of what you're paying is just for the name. I think some of their prices are just ridiculous - especially their single eyeshadows ($15? way too much - I'd get NYX) and brushes, but if I did have money to waste I would definitely use it on MAC and other department store makeup.Why is MAC makeup sold in smaller quantities?
Mac has good eyeliner and shadow, in my opinion, but there's nothing special about their coverup. In fact, i'd say their coverup is one of the worsts. It's like smearing crisco on your face... disgusting. We have tons of mac counters here so, having sampled all their products on quite a few occassions I can safely say it's not that exciting. They do not, however, test on animals which is always an up you should look for when buying makeup. Many store brands probably do. In this sense, I can support them. As far as their popularity, I think it's just because it's so ';shi shi'; that it gets away with the quantities and prices. I'm not saying that they don't use quality ingredients, and they do send all their cosmeticians to a year of Mac school, however it doesn't make their products any better, perhaps just the mac counter experience.





So to answer your question why is it sold in smaller quantities? Because people still buy it for lots of money in that quantity, so they can. It's a fad. Aside their eye makeup i'd suggest finding another animal-friendly store makeup or worthwhile concealer (like bare minerals) instead.
Congrats on your first purchace! I know you'll love it!


I agree, it does look small, but most of their stuff lasts me a pretty long time. I don't like their mascaras or foundations, I think drugstore is better for that. Their Mineralize Skin Finish Natural is love though! I love their lipsticks and lipglasses too. Oh, and look out this summer if they come out with a ';Tendertone Collection.'; They are the best! They are discontinued, but have come out the last two summers.
Mac is highend makeup and the Quailty of it is astanding unlike drugstore makeup MAC makeup is Normal sized to me See you were going in with Big Big Hopes but done worry Mac wont let you know
It's meant to be a premium brand. They charge a higher price because people are generally willing to pay it.
  • peeling skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sunburn