Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is it possible Avon would employ t-girls / transvestites to sell their makeup products for them?

I buy Avon products and the representative seemed to think I could get some part time work with Avon as a sales representative. I am not sure...I mean, I am told I am passable and that 'women buy products from women' so won't think I have any other agenda than just being an Avon girl. Most jobs oppose employing transgendered folk for work, and while i understand it to some degree, I should also have the right to be employed without rules on how I dress being applied.Is it possible Avon would employ t-girls / transvestites to sell their makeup products for them?
It's illegal for any company to discriminate, so you wouldn't have a problem in that department, but being an Avon representative means that you have to find your own clientele. And the whole idea that ';women by products from women'; is mostly based on the idea that a guy selling makeup wouldn't be able to give personal opinions on products because he doesn't use them. Other than that, if you present yourself in a professional and knowledgeable manner, you should be fine. Good luck!Is it possible Avon would employ t-girls / transvestites to sell their makeup products for them?
I am going to put a big fat no for this one. Although there are laws against job discrimination, i think it will be VERY hard for you to find a job as a transvestite for a makeup company.





Although i am all for people choosing to be transvestites, you have to understand that these companies want to hire representatives that convey respect and attractiveness from customers, and we all know that the majority of people would probably be turned away if they found out a transvestite was selling a product. If you were hired by them, you probably would work away from public affairs/relations.





From a business standpoint, you would not be a good investment.
I don't really see why they shouldn't hire you,


but the fact of the matter is, buisnesses like that are very shallow and have a certain standard of what pretty is, and if you don't meet that criteria then they probaly won't hire you. but you may get lucky, and they may hire you. Don't take it hard if they don't hire you, they're the ones missing out!








Goodluck!
I wouldn't have any problem talking to you for help with makeup :) but im sure there are alot of people who wouldn't hire you because you were born male. Its not right at all but it happens. I don't know if you would be hired. The only way you could find out is by trying. I wish you luck girl :]
yes, you could get hire and someone mention Avon being just for women and is not. Avon offers product for kid, men, house, not just make up. If you really want to work for Avon you can do it! No one can stop you!
No offence but i wouldn't employ someone like that to sell my products but i guess you could give it a try.
If it's not possible then I can't understand why they are not thinking ahead. Surely, in this day and age anyone who can prove themselves as a great sale person and reach beyond their targets every month is an asset to any company so they would be very short sighted to refuse. I don't think it will be easy, there are alot of stuffy old fashioned people out there in businessland but just give it your best shot.


Personally if a t-girl could advise me on the best product to buy and their advice was good I would listen to them. Many years ago I worked in night clubs around Europe and met and made friends with many, they were always the girls that were the most well groomed and elegant and had more attention than us girls!





If they refuse you, maybe get legal advice, it's discrimination isn't it? Good luck hon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn