Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do I get into selling Mary Kay makeup?

I have never sold Mary Kay or Avon. How can I get into selling Mary Kay? Does it cost anything to start selling? How much do you get paid for selling it? Someone please explain this whole thing to me, I have no idea. What happens if you can't get anyone to buy from you?How do I get into selling Mary Kay makeup?
Mary Kay starter Kit is $100 you get over $300 in product to get you started it includes trays,mirrors,order forms books and more I can send you a sheet that has the break down. Then you have the option to purchase inventory based on what you want from you business. Do not let anyone tell you it is required. You are an independent contractor buying directly form the wholesaler so you buy for $1.00 and sell for $2.00 making you money from the customer. You do not wait to get paid from the company you control that by collecting from the customer if you choice no inventory then you want to collect 50% to all the money up front ( remember you buy for half prose the balance is your profit) Okay as far as not getting anyone to buy from you I can't image that happening especially since I started strictly for personal use with no intention of selling it and found it very easy to sell but lets say no one does then you paid $100 for over $300 in full size product you can keep for yourself or give as gifts. I love thee philosophy of try before you buy and building relationships with your customers not a one time sale. I came from a financial background so I researched thee company before I even considered it. What I found amazed me not only is the business plan taught at major universities around the a would but Mary Kay also has a charitable foundation to support research for cancers that affect women and ending domestic violence. Like I said I was only do it for personal use in the begging but after getting pregnant I was able to quit my job and stay home with my children.





Okay hope this was helpful let me know if I can answer any questions. Wishing you much sucess:)


SandraHow do I get into selling Mary Kay makeup?
My mom just started selling MK this past Jan. I think it was $90 to get her starter kit. She makes a 50% profit on EVERYTHING she sells. She loves it. I told her she should have started this long ago. Find a Mary Kay lady in your area and ask her how to start. You can not go directly to the Co and start you have to be ';recuited'; by someone that is all ready selling. If ya need any other help I am sure I can get some info ffrom my Mom.
I'm glad you are researching it first- you can always speak with a local Mary Kay representative (but I warn you, and I'm not saying this to be mean- they aren't necessarily going to give you the whole deal)





There are up-front costs (starter kits, samples, catalogs, etc.)...as for payment, you would earn a percentage of your sales and you get a nice discount on the product.





My recommendation- if you like the product and believe in it, then consider selling...you will have a better chance if you have friends that will attend Mary Kay parties, etc- that will allow you to expand your network..it can be very time consuming- but if you are a people person, it can also be a decent side job.





Good luck!
look in ur newspaper or do an online search or even easier find a mary kay rep
I am a current Mary Kay Consultant. I would love to help you get started. Why don't you email me for more info, or go to my 360 page and click on my blast-you will then be routted to my website. When you get there, click on ';Start A Business';. You will learn everything there is to know about being a Mary Kay Consultant. If you like what you see and hear, then give me a call and we can take it from there. I hope to hear from you soon. For the record, I work my Mary Kay business at my own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn