Saturday, December 5, 2009

Best brand to sell makeup from?

I've been thinking about becoming an independent sales rep to sell cosmetics and etc. I wanted to know which company (Mark, Avon, Mary Kay, etc) is the best. Let me know if you've sold for these companies and more info (like start-up fees, how much to sell to make profit, etc). Thank you in advance :)Best brand to sell makeup from?
Do you have a preference to any product? What you have a passion for is definitely one way to make your decision. However you aren't buying, you are trying to make money. Do you know if your family, friends, coworkers etc like one over the other? Is anyone you know already selling either of them? Does someone already sell at your job? You need to try and figure out the answers to those questions and that will help you with your decision.





If you sell Avon you can also offer your customers Mark products so I would certainly pick Avon in that respect. Avon has quality products at affordable prices and that's a definate plus in this economy. They also offer many different items so there is something for everyone.





You get a 50% commission in your first 4 consecutive campaigns on Avon products and 20% on items made by other companies. After that its based on sales as seen below. My personal sales average about $400 per campaign which gives me a 40% commission.





$1550 or more 50%


$900 - $1549 45%


$425 - $899 40%


$285 - $424 35%


$145 - $284 30%


$25 - $144 20%


$00 - $24 0%





The average customer order is $25....I find my average order is usually a little higher. However taking $25 as an average at 40% commission you earn about $10 a customer. If you sell to 20 customers you would make $200 per campaign. Now if some of those sales are in the 20% commission you would make a little less.





It only costs $10 to join locally or $20 to join online. The difference in the price is the shipping of the kit to your home. You get 10 brochures for each of your first 2 campaigns. You do have to pay for the brochures each campaign but that's all you really need to purchase. The brochure is your store and the more you buy the less they cost. Business expenses are tax deductible including mileage traveled for business reasons.





Avon does not require you to stock inventory and I highly recommend you don't. I've been selling for quite some time and still can't predict what my customers will want to buy and when.





I started selling Avon for the discount. I figured if it didn't work out, I would quit after the 50% discounts ended. I found it an easy sell and 2+ yrs later, I'm still selling and loving it. That's my thoughts and personal opinion on the subject :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn